No. 22 Memphis routs Austin PeayDec 4, 2011 - 5:44 AM Memphis, TN (Sports Network) - Will Barton posted 22 points, 13 rebounds and six assists to pace No. 22 Memphis over winless Austin Peay, 91-60.
Adonis Thomas made five three-pointers en route to a 17-point effort for the Tigers (4-2), winners of two straight following an overtime loss to Georgetown in the Maui Invitational.
Melvin Baker logged 15 points and seven rebounds for the Governors (0-9), who are off to their worst start in school history.
Memphis made four three-pointers during an early 16-2 run that yielded a 25-10 cushion eight minutes in.
"We're a good shooting team when we shoot within rhythm and get to the second or third side and make the extra pass," Memphis head coach Josh Pastner said.
Austin Peay made just one field foal in the final four-plus minutes of the first half, which ended with the hosts holding a 52-27 advantage.
Chris Crawford's three-pointer made it a 30-point game, 57-27, quickly into the second stanza, and the hosts cruised from there.
"We got some looks, but we didn't make any shots," Austin Peay head coach Dave Loos said.
Memphis has won the last six meetings...The Tigers shot 57 percent from the field and 15-of-25 from three-point range...Joe Jackson and Tarik Black donated 11 and 10 points, respectively, for Memphis.
- Tubby Smith adds 4 assistants to his Memphis coaching staff May 10
- Memphis hires Tubby Smith as Tigers' new basketball coach Apr 14
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Memphis reviewing possible AD, coach conflict of interest Mar 22
- Josh Pastner to stay at Memphis despite missing NCAAs again Mar 18
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- American Athletic Conference suspends Memphis' Shaq Goodwin Jan 5
- Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen gets 2-year extension Oct 8
- Moore leads No. 21 SMU over Memphis Feb 27
- SMU and Memphis collide in AAC action Feb 26
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Memphis Feb 1
- Memphis hits road to challenge No. 3 Gonzaga Jan 31