No. 25 Harvard downs BUDec 10, 2011 - 11:39 PM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - Kyle Casey scored 20 points, Laurent Rivard had 18 and No. 25 Harvard bounced back from its first loss with a 76-52 win over Boston on Saturday.
Christian Webster added 14 points for the Crimson (9-1), who started the week with their first 8-0 record in 27 years and the program's first-ever spot in the AP Top-25 poll.
They lost to No. 9 Connecticut on Thursday, however, and likely won't remain in the rankings on Monday.
Darryl Partin scored 12 points for Boston (4-6) and Patrick Hazel added 10, but the Terriers dropped their second straight on the heels of a four-game winning streak.
Harvard blew open a tight game in the first half with a 16-0 run, pushing its lead to 18 points in the final minute at 37-19.
Rivard knocked down a trio of three-pointers during the burst, including one that sparked it and one that ended it. Webster scored five straight points and Brandyn Curry added a bucket.
The Crimson carried a 37-21 lead into halftime and went ahead by as many as 29 points when Oliver McNally's layup made it 70-41 with 3:15 to play.
Harvard shot 55.1 percent from the floor, including 60 percent (9-of-15) from three-point range...Boston shot 30.9 percent...The Terriers haven't beaten a ranked opponent since 1959. It was the first time they hosted a ranked team since 2003.
- HARVARD: 76
BOSTON UNIVERSITY: 52
Dec 10 5:52 PM
- HARVARD: 37
BOSTON UNIVERSITY: 21
Dec 10 4:49 PM
- HARVARD: 0
BOSTON UNIVERSITY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 10 4:06 PM
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15