No. 10 Missouri stays perfect with rout of Kennesaw StateDec 16, 2011 - 3:45 AM Missouri to a 104-67 thrashing of Kennesaw State.
Marcus Denmon netted 17 points and Matt Pressey chipped in 15 points for the Tigers (10-0), who last won their first 10 games of the season during the 1991-92 campaign.
Delbert Love led all scorers with 27 points for Kennesaw State (2-6).
The Tigers took an early 13-6 lead, but the Owls responded with a 9-0 spurt to take a 15-13 advantage thanks to two from the line by Markeith Cummings.
Though Mizzou snapped back to attention to go ahead 26-21 on a Dixon bucket, Love hit a three-pointer to give the Owls a 29-28 lead with 7:25 to go in the half.
Missouri responded, though, and outscored Kennesaw State 19-4 -- which included a Pressey layup at the first-half buzzer -- the rest of the way to take a 47-33 advantage into the locker room.
"We were sluggish at first, and Coach Haith always tells us we're going to get a team's best shot. They came out on their toes more than we did. We got a few defensive stops that ignited our offense, and that helped us to finish strong," Dixon said.
The Tigers jumped on Kennesaw State in the second half and led by as many as 39 before cruising to an easy win.
A Dixon jumper made it a 21-point bulge with 12:51 to go, and the 30-point barrier was breached on a Pressey free throw for an 87-57 game inside of six minutes to play.
The Tigers defense forced 19 total turnovers including 14 steals. They shot 60 percent from the field and held a 62-26 advantage in the paint.
It was the first ever meeting between the schools...Missouri improved to 10-1 all-time against the Atlantic Sun Conference...The 1991-92 Tigers started the season 11-0 before losing back-to-back games to Memphis and Kansas.
- KENNESAW STATE: 67
Dec 15 10:00 PM
- KENNESAW STATE: 33
Dec 15 8:52 PM
- KENNESAW STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 15 8:05 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26