Stanback leads UNLV past Louisiana-MonroeDec 20, 2011 - 5:57 AM Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Chace Stanback scored a game-high 29 points to lead No. 21 UNLV past Louisiana-Monroe, 81-63, at Thomas & Mack Center.
Carlos Lopez added 12 points and nine rebounds, while Oscar Bellfield dropped in 10 for the Runnin' Rebels (12-2), who won for the third straight time.
Steven McClellan paced ULM (1-11) with 16 points and seven rebounds in the Warhawks' fifth consecutive loss. Hugh Mingo contributed 15 points off the bench, and Trent Mackey and Fred Brown scored 13 and 12 points, respectively, in defeat.
Stanback opened the game with a couple of three pointers around a pair of Charles Winborne free throws to give UNLV a 6-2 lead it would not relinquish for the remainder of the game.
The lead quickly stretched to eight when Kendall Wallace capped a six-point spurt with a trey 6 1/2 minutes into the first half.
The Warhawks would later fight back to within two points at 22-20 with a Mingo jumper and three-pointer around a Mike Moser miss, but UNLV scored 15 of the next 22 points to take a 37-27 lead into halftime.
The Runnin' Rebels put all hopes of a comeback to rest early in the second half, scoring 13 straight points out of the gate to take a 48-27 advantage and cruised through the remainder of the game for the win.
UNLV improved to 7-0 at home this season, while ULM fell to 0-6 on the road...The Warhawks held a 32-22 advantage on the glass...UNLV made 58.1 percent of its shots from the floor, including 14-of-23 shots from beyond the arc...ULM shot 45.1 percent in the game but went just 6-for-16 from three- point range.
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5
- UNLV gets back to business with interim coach Jan 11
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10
- Okonoboh asks for release from UNLV Nov 27