No. 10 Florida rebounds with win over YaleDec 31, 2011 - 9:40 PM
Patric Young added 19 points for the Gators (11-3), who were coming off a heart-breaking 85-83 double-overtime loss at Rutgers on Thursday.
Erik Murphy made five three-pointers and ended with 18 points for Florida, which has won 13 straight games at home.
Greg Mangano finished with 26 points and 15 rebounds for the Bulldogs (8-4), who have lost two in a row.
Yale came out of the gates on fire from beyond the arc, making three straight three-pointers to take a 9-0 lead.
But Florida scored 17 of the next 20 points to grab a 17-12 edge on Boynton's layup with over 14 minutes remaining.
After Brandon Sherrod recorded a three-point play to make it a 17-15 game, the Gators ripped off 12 straight points. Young tallied five points during the burst, including a jumper with 10 minutes left for a 29-15 margin.
Florida shot 58.6 percent from the field in the first half to take a 46-35 edge into the locker room.
A Jeremiah Kreisberg layup and a pair of Mangano jumpers got the Bulldogs within six, 54-48, over five minutes into the second half.
Murphy swung the momentum back in Florida's favor with back-to-back three- pointers. Murphy added another three-pointer a few minutes later after Boynton made a pair of shots from beyond the arc.
The Gators cruised to victory from there.
Saturday's game marked the first-ever meeting between these two teams on the hardwood...The Gators shot 53.4 percent from the floor, including a 12-for-21 performance from beyond the arc...Yale went 11-for-21 from three-point range...The Gators improved to 6-2 all-time against Ivy League opponents.
- YALE: 70
Dec 31 3:56 PM
- YALE: 35
Dec 31 2:52 PM
- YALE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 31 2:10 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10