Syracuse beats DePaul, remains unbeatenJan 2, 2012 - 12:50 AM
C.J. Fair added 16 points on 6-for-6 shooting for the Orange (15-0, 2-0 Big East), who have won by double figures 12 times this year. Dion Waiters tallied 13 points.
Cleveland Melvin ended with 23 points and eight rebounds for the Blue Demons (9-4, 0-1), who had a five-game winning streak snapped. Donnavan Kirk added 14 points.
Holding a 24-18 lead with 8:20 left in the first half, Syracuse went on a 9-0 run to create some distance. James Southerland made a three-pointer and layup to spark the burst, which Waiters capped with a layup for a 33-18 edge with 5:52 to go.
The Orange ripped off eight straight points later in the half to gain a 45-24 margin with over a minute left.
Syracuse had a 45-26 edge at the break and cruised to victory in the second half.
The Orange own a 9-4 series lead over the Blue Demons...Syracuse shot 58.6 percent from the field...DePaul went 3-for-18 from three-point range...Fab Melo had 12 points for the Orange.
- Syracuse's Malachi Richardson all-in for NBA draft May 17
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Apr 18
- Syracuse reserve center Chinonso Obokoh transferring Apr 7
- Syracuse guard Kaleb Joseph transferring Apr 5
- Syracuse's Boeheim scoffs at idea that it was rough season Apr 3
- Correction: Final Four-Syracuse story Apr 3
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Syracuse rides improbable run to Final Four Mar 28
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Judge tosses suit by ex-Syracuse coach's wife against ESPN Mar 26
- Gonzaga taking on Syracuse's vaunted zone in Sweet 16 Mar 25