Clark helps No. 10 Georgetown take down DePaulJan 18, 2012 - 4:29 AM
Henry Sims added 16 points and Hollis Thompson netted 14 for the Hoyas (15-3, 5-2 Big East), who have won 11 straight over the Blue Demons, including six in a row on the road.
Georgetown led by as many as 14 in the game, but head coach John Thompson III still saw room for improvement, particularly down the stretch.
"Wins in this league are difficult to come by. Road wins in this league are very difficult to come by. To that extent, it was a good day," Thompson said.
"(But) I don't like our execution at the end ... I don't want to take anything away from their effort, their stick-to-itiveness, but we made that a lot harder than it had to be."
Cleveland Melvin paced DePaul (10-8, 1-5) with 19 points. Moses Morgan contributed 17 points on 5-of-8 shooting from three-point range in defeat.
Georgetown led by as many as 11 in the first half -- a Clark trey made it 34-23 with 2:48 remaining -- but DePaul's Brandon Young banked in a three at the buzzer to trim the deficit to 37-31 at the break.
The Blue Demons closed to within a point early in the second half before the Hoyas countered with a 9-0 surge to go up 46-36.
Georgetown expanded its advantage to 66-52 on Clark's dunk with 6:29 left. DePaul was never closer than seven points the rest of the way.
Georgetown's Otto Porter had a career-high 15 rebounds...The Hoyas owned a 47-25 advantage on the glass...Clark made 11-of-14 field goals...Young posted 16 points...DePaul has lost 35 straight games against ranked opponents.
- GEORGETOWN: 83
Jan 17 9:07 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 37
Jan 17 7:48 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 17 7:02 PM
- Georgetown already has 5 losses entering Big East play Dec 30
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- Georgetown Capsule Nov 4
- With Smith-Rivera back, Georgetown eyes better NCAA showing Nov 4
- Georgetown G Smith-Rivera to enter NBA Draft Mar 31
- Leitao back as DePaul coach Mar 29
- Utah tops Georgetown, makes 1st Sweet 16 in 10 years Mar 21
- Utes and Hoyas meet in third round of NCAA Tournament Mar 21
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Purnell resigns as DePaul head coach Mar 15
- Xavier holds off Georgetown to reach Big East finals Mar 14