UNLV slips past Boise State in OTJan 26, 2012 - 6:24 AM Boise, ID (Sports Network) - Mike Moser had a monster night with 18 points and 21 rebounds as No. 12 UNLV escaped with a 77-72 overtime win over Boise State.
Chace Stanback added 15 points for the Rebels (19-3, 3-1 MWC), who won their third straight game since losing at San Diego State on January 14.
Derrick Marks filled the stat sheet with 21 points, six rebounds, four assists and two steals for Boise State (10-9, 0-4), which dropped its fifth straight game.
A Thomas Bropleh three-pointer gave the Broncos a 59-55 lead with 4:39 to go in regulation. But the Rebels countered by scoring the next nine points as Oscar Bellfield and Stanback hit key three-pointers to make it a 64-59 game with 2:14 to play.
The resilient Broncos, though, did not go away.
Anthony Drmic hit a three-pointer and a pair of Marks free throws tied the game at 64 with a minute remaining.
Bropleh forced a Moser turnover with 30 seconds to play, allowing the Broncos to take the last shot.
Marks, though, took too long to make his initial move as he stalled near midcourt until approximately the seven-second mark. He drove to the three- point line and dished to Bropleh in the left corner, but his tough jumper with a second left was blocked by Moser.
UNLV scored eight of the first nine points of overtime as two Moser free throws made it a 72-65 game with 49 seconds remaining in the extra session.
The Broncos made just two shots in the overtime period -- including Tre Nichols' three-pointer in the closing seconds.
The Rebels ran out to a 12-0 start, but a 10-3 run by Boise State to close the opening half cut its deficit to 29-27 entering the break.
Bropleh hit four three-pointers and had 17 points...Bellfield had 13 points and six assists...The Rebels shot just 34.8 percent and hit on 13-of-34 attempts from beyond the arc.
- UNLV: 77
BOISE STATE: 72
Final - OT
Jan 26 12:21 AM
- UNLV: 64
BOISE STATE: 64
End of Regulation
Jan 26 12:02 AM
- UNLV: 29
BOISE STATE: 27
Jan 25 10:48 PM
- UNLV: 0
BOISE STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 25 10:03 PM
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5
- UNLV gets back to business with interim coach Jan 11
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10
- Okonoboh asks for release from UNLV Nov 27