Florida earns comeback win at Ole MissJan 27, 2012 - 3:43 AM
Kenny Boynton chipped in with 12 points and Erving Walker added 10 points to go with nine assists for Florida (16-4, 4-1 SEC), which has won four in a row and six of its last seven games.
The Gators will look to extend their streak when they host No. 18 Mississippi State on Saturday.
Terrance Henry recorded a double-double scoring a game-high 21 points and pulling down 10 rebounds. Nick Williams added 14 points and five boards as Ole Miss (13-7, 3-3 SEC) had a two-game winning streak snapped.
Ole Miss will look to bounce back as it takes on South Carolina on Saturday.
The Rebels took possession down 63-60 with 18 seconds left as Walker slipped to the court and turned the ball over with. However, Ole Miss couldn't capitalize as they turned it over on the ensuing possession and were forced to foul.
Florida's freshmen guard Bradley Beal was able to sink the front end of a one- and-one to make it a two-possession game and close out the Rebels.
"These guys battled and showed a level of resiliency, I'll tell you that," Florida coach Billy Donovan said. "They kept their composure."
Florida trailed by as many as 16 in the first half but were able to hold Ole Miss without a field goal for the first six minutes of the second half to cut the deficit to 40-36.
Florida battled all the way back as back-to-back three-pointers by Boynton around a Henry layup gave the Gators a 59-54 lead with just 4:06 remaining in the game.
"I thought we defended them really well in the first half," Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy said of his defense, but, he admitted, "I wish we could've made them do it a little less efficiently than they did in the second half."
Ole Miss started out perfect from beyond the arc, hitting its first five attempts to take a 23-10 lead with 10:07 to play in the first.
The Rebels dominated the boards 17-8 as they went into the locker room leading 38-28.
The Gators have won 10 of last 11 against Ole Miss...Four of last five meetings have been decided by six points or less...Florida outscored Ole Miss 26-5 in bench points...Ole Miss outrebounded Florida, 41-23.
- FLORIDA: 64
Jan 26 8:56 PM
- FLORIDA: 28
Jan 26 7:43 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 26 7:03 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8