Snaer leads Florida State past Georgia TechFeb 2, 2012 - 4:07 AM Florida State downed Georgia Tech, 68-54, at Tucker Center.
Bernard James totaled 13 points and Okaro White added 11 for the Seminoles (15-6, 6-1 ACC), who have won six in a row and seven of eight.
Brandon Reed scored 18 points and Daniel Miller posted 10 points and nine rebounds for the Yellow Jackets (8-14, 1-7), losers of six consecutive contests.
Georgia Tech led 25-24 at the break, but the Seminoles began the second half on a 19-7 tear to take control for good.
Luke Loucks' jumper gave the hosts a 28-27 edge less than 90 seconds in, and later Bernard scored five straight to extend the lead to 38-32. Snaer then connected from long distance and White ended the burst with a slam for a 43-32 game with 13:07 to play.
A Mfon Udofia bucket pulled the visitors to 49-42 with 7:51 remaining, but White began an 11-3 run with a free throw, Snaer connected twice more from long distance and James' slam capped the surge at 60-45 with 2:15 showing.
Florida State cruised from there.
The Seminoles were up 14-5 early on thanks to five points from Loucks. A James dunk provided a 20-11 margin with just over 6 1/2 minutes left in the first half, but Georgia Tech responded with a 14-2 burst mostly from the free-throw line.
Daniel Miller made both of his attempts, Udofia sank his two and Reed went 4- for-4 from the charity stripe.
Florida State has won seven in a row against their Atlanta-based rivals and leads the all-time series by a 36-27 count...Loucks finished with nine points, seven assists and four rebounds...Udofia contributed nine points and eight rebounds but committed five turnovers...Georgia Tech turned the ball over 24 times in all...Snaer also led all players with five steals.
- GEORGIA TECH: 54
FLORIDA STATE: 68
Feb 1 9:08 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 25
FLORIDA STATE: 24
Feb 1 7:59 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 0
FLORIDA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 1 7:08 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Georgia Tech hires Pastner from Memphis to replace Gregory Apr 9
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Bobinski looking for coach to revitalize Georgia Tech hoops Mar 28
- Georgia Tech fires men's basketball coach Brian Gregory Mar 25
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14