No. 25 Harvard holds off PennFeb 11, 2012 - 4:01 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Reserve Corbin Miller had 17 points, Kyle Casey scored 15 and No. 25 Harvard stay undefeated in Ivy League play with a 56-50 victory over Penn at The Palestra.
Steve Moundou-Missi had nine points and Keith Wright grabbed 13 rebounds for the Crimson (21-2, 7-0 Ivy), who have won nine straight since a 60-54 loss at Fordham on January 3.
Zack Rosen posted 16 points, six assists and four rebounds for Penn (12-11, 4-2), which has dropped two of three.
Harvard led 44-34 after Miller drained a three-pointer with 7:23 to play in the second half, but the Quakers pulled within three at 53-50 on Rosen's trey with under 30 seconds left.
After Miller made 1-of-2 free throws, Casey corralled the rebound of Tyler Bernardini's three-point bid and sealed the win at the foul line.
Both teams struggled in the shooting department. The Crimson made 34.7 percent of their shots, while Penn converted on just 32.1 percent of its attempts.
Harvard has won the last six meetings between the schools and seven of the last eight overall...The Crimson notched their fourth straight win at The Palestra...Harvard improved to 13-2 as a ranked team.
- HARVARD: 56
Feb 10 8:57 PM
- HARVARD: 28
Feb 10 7:51 PM
- HARVARD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 10 7:04 PM
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21