No. 14 Florida pounds ArkansasFeb 19, 2012 - 6:06 AM Fayetteville, AR (Sports Network) - Erving Walker had 31 points and five assists to lead No. 14 Florida to a 98-68 pounding of Arkansas.
Kenny Boynton had 25 points and five rebounds, while Bradley Beal added 21 points and nine boards for the Gators (21-6, 9-3 SEC), who have won their last two after back-to-back losses.
B.J. Young scored 31 points and Devonta Abron added 11 for the Razorbacks (17-10, 5-7), who have dropped four of five.
Erik Murphy's three-pointer just over a minute in gave the Gators a lead that they would never relinquish.
A 14-3 run later in the first half was capped on a pair of three-pointers from Walker for a 27-11 lead halfway through.
That was part of seven consecutive three-balls from Florida. Walker capped the barrage with six minutes to play for a 42-21 lead.
"They hit a lot of threes and it's hard to stop a team that's shooting that well and at that pace," said Young. "They were just a better team than us (but) I don't think they're 30 points better."
The Gators pushed their advantage to 53-27 at the break, and a Beal three- pointer three minutes into the second half made it a 63-35 game.
Florida had a lead as high as 32 points in the second half in the easy victory.
Florida hosts Auburn on Tuesday...Arkansas hosts Alabama on Thursday...Florida leads the all-time series with Arkansas, 15-10...The Gators shot 58.3 percent in the contest and outrebounded Arkansas, 40-24.
- FLORIDA: 98
Feb 18 8:15 PM
- FLORIDA: 53
Feb 18 7:01 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 18 6:10 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7