Rivers, Curry lead Duke over Boston CollegeFeb 20, 2012 - 1:33 AM Chestnut Hill, MA (Sports Network) - Duke's starting backcourt of Austin Rivers and Seth Curry combined to score 34 points as No. 5 Duke routed Boston College, 75-50.
Curry netted 18 while Rivers scored 16 to go with seven rebounds for the Blue Devils (23-4, 10-2 ACC), who have won four consecutive games. Miles Plumlee added nine points and 10 boards in the win.
Ryan Anderson had 21 points and eight rebounds for Boston College (8-19, 3-10 ACC), which has lost three straight games and nine of its last 10.
The Eagles made their first five shots from the field and took an early 13-7 advantage, but Boston College proceeded its hot start with a long, sustaining field-goal drought.
In the midst of the Eagles' woes from the floor, the Blue Devils used a 18-3 run to take a 25-16 lead late in the half. Rivers nailed a pair of three- pointers and netted 10 points during the stretch.
Matt Humphrey's trey from the right wing finally put an end to BC's 14:16 field-goal drought, where the Eagles missed 15 consecutive shots.
Plumlee's putback dunk right before the first-half buzzer gave Duke a 30-21 lead at halftime.
Curry's four-point play and Ryan Kelly's three-pointer helped Duke build a 22- point lead, 53-31, midway through the second stanza.
The lead swelled to as much as 28 in the closing minutes as the Blue Devils cruised to the easy win.
Duke has defeated Boston College five straight times and holds an all-time 14-2 edge in the series...This is the fifth consecutive year that Duke has won at least 10 games in the ACC...Boston College's Humphrey finished with 12 points...BC shot 34.1 percent from the field...Duke made 10-of-22 attempts from beyond the arc.
- DUKE: 75
BOSTON COLLEGE: 50
Feb 19 8:01 PM
- DUKE: 30
BOSTON COLLEGE: 21
Feb 19 6:51 PM
- DUKE: 0
BOSTON COLLEGE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 19 6:07 PM
- Krzyzewski has hernia surgery, expects to be healthy for Rio May 9
- Duke's Grayson Allen has hernia surgery Apr 22
- Duke's Jefferson receives medical hardship waiver Apr 22
- Duke freshman guard Derryck Thornton to transfer Apr 10
- Grayson Allen to return to Duke for junior season Apr 6
- Duke's Brandon Ingram declares for NBA Draft after 1 season Apr 4
- Duke: Coach K recovering from knee replacement surgery Apr 3
- Duke ends with longer-than-expected NCAA run, short bench Mar 25
- Duke's title defense ends with 82-68 loss to Oregon Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17