Balanced attack leads Georgia over FloridaFeb 26, 2012 - 3:09 AM
Caldwell-Pope added five rebounds and four steals.
Gerald Robinson had 15 points, seven assists and four rebounds for Georgia (13-15, 4-10 SEC), while Donte' Williams and Dustin Ware supplied 11 points apiece. Nemanja Djurisic finished with 12 points and seven boards for a Bulldogs squad that lost by 22 in Gainesville on January 10th.
"That was a great win for us. We beat a terrific basketball team," said Georgia head coach Mark Fox.
Georgia snapped a three-game losing streak and won for just the third time in the last 18 meetings with Florida.
Bradley Beal recorded a double-double for the Gators (22-7, 10-4), posting game-highs of 19 points and 12 rebounds.
Florida suffered its first loss in four games, but maintained a one-game lead over Vanderbilt in its pursuit of securing the second seed in the conference tournament.
The Gators played their first game without Will Yeguete, who broke his left foot in Tuesday's win over Auburn.
Sherrard Brantley drained a three-pointer to put Georgia up 58-42 midway through the second half. Florida closed the gap to 67-62 when Kenny Boynton hit a shot from beyond the arc with 1:53 remaining.
Beal then fouled Ware as they chased down a loose ball. The whistle blew with one second left on the shot clock, and Ware sank both free throws, igniting a 9-0 run to end the game.
It took the Bulldogs 11 minutes to build a double-digit lead, as a Djurisic layup made it 19-8. Florida trimmed its deficit to 28-25, but threes by Caldwell-Pope and Ware sandwiched around a John Florveus bucket pushed Georgia's lead back to 11 late in the first half.
Williams blocked six shots...Erving Walker had 14 points for Florida, while Boynton contributed 11 points and three steals...Georgia shot 52.9 percent from the floor and held the Gators to 36.7 percent shooting...Florida was 5- of-23 from three-point range...The Bulldogs outscored the Gators 38-26 in the paint.
- FLORIDA: 62
Feb 25 5:57 PM
- FLORIDA: 27
Feb 25 4:44 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 25 4:03 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4