No. 21 San Diego State handles Boise StateMar 1, 2012 - 6:11 AM Boise, ID (Sports Network) - Jamaal Franklin posted a double-double of 18 points and 12 rebounds, powering 21st-ranked San Diego State to a 66-53 win over Boise State.
Chase Tapley and Tim Shelton provided 11 points apiece for the Aztecs (23-6, 9-4 MWC), who remain tied for first in the Mountain West standings with New Mexico.
Both teams close out the regular season on Saturday.
Derrick Marks had 13 points to pace the Broncos (13-15, 3-10), who got 10 points and five rebounds from Anthony Drmic.
Boise State opened the game with back-to-back buckets but wound up trailing by as many as 18 in the first half. A Franklin three-pointer made it 38-20 with 1:11 remaining.
San Diego State's lead never dipped below 11 and reached as high as 22 in the second half. Xavier Thames sank two free throws to put the visitors up 59-37 with six-plus minutes left.
The Aztecs shot 60 percent (12-of-20) in the first half, while limiting Boise State to 33.3 percent (9-of-27) shooting during the opening 20 minutes...San Diego State made its first-ever trip to Boise State...The Aztecs improved to 3-0 all-time against the Broncos...Boise State fell to 11-5 at home this season.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21