North Dakota claims second straight Great West Conference titleMar 11, 2012 - 1:03 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Troy Huff scored 15 points and the second- seeded North Dakota Fighting Sioux made it back-to-back Great West Conference championships with a 75-60 victory over the fourth-seeded NJIT Highlanders in Saturday's title game.
Patrick Mitchell added 12 points for the Fighting Sioux (17-14), which beat South Dakota in last year's title game.
Jamal Webb and Josh Schuler added 11 points apiece for North Dakota, which was rewarded with an automatic bid to the Collegeinsider.com Tournament.
Isaiah Wilkerson and Chris Flores ended with 19 and 15 points, respectively, for the Highlanders (15-17), who had a season-best four-game winning streak snapped.
The all-time series is tied, 4-4...The teams split the regular-season series this year...North Dakota went 7-of-17 from three-point range and 28-of-40 from the foul line.
- NJIT: 60
NORTH DAKOTA: 75
Mar 10 6:54 PM
- NJIT: 29
NORTH DAKOTA: 27
Mar 10 5:43 PM
- NJIT: 0
NORTH DAKOTA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 10 5:05 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30