Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 MichiganDec 12, 2012 - 3:58 AM Ann Arbor, MI (Sports Network) - Trey Burke finished with 19 points, five assists and four rebounds as No. 3 Michigan downed Binghamton, 67-39, at Crisler Center.
Nik Stauskas hit four three-pointers to account for all of his 12 points for the Wolverines (10-0), who look to keep their winning ways when they host West Virginia on Saturday night.
"We weren't undefeated at this time last year and we have some tough competition coming up,' Burke said. We're not looking past anybody, but we have Big Ten games coming up. We're happy that we're 10-0, and just taking things game by game."
Jordan Reed totaled 11 points and eight boards for the Bearcats (2-9), who have dropped five in a row.
"I'm proud of our kids," Bearcats head coach Tommy Dempsey said. "I thought our effort was terrific. In this environment against a team of this national caliber, to hold them in the 60s spoke about our communication and hustle. We ran good offense and got quality shots. Unfortunately we just didn't knock down enough of them."
Michigan broke open a close game with a 19-2 run that gave the hosts control for good.
Hardaway's jumper and free throw gave the Wolverines an 11-10 edge, then Mitch McGary and Burke hit buckets before Alex Ogundadegbe finally answered for Binghamton, and Stauskas' trey made it an eight-point margin.
Hardaway added a triple of his own, Jordan Morgan sank two from the line, then Jon Horford and Burke closed out the run with baskets to make it 27-12 with 3:47 left in the half.
Burke's shot from long distance sent Michigan to the break up 34-14.
Michigan reeled off 11 points in a row early in the second half, then after the Bearcats responded with eight straight, the Wolverines pushed forward with an 11-2 spurt and never looked back.
Michigan has won both all-time meetings ... The Wolverines won despite shooting 44.3 percent from the floor, but limited the Bearcats to 34 percent efficiency ..,. Despite scoring six points, McGary led all players with 10 rebounds ... The hosts scored 17 points off 16 Binghamton turnovers.
- BINGHAMTON: 39
Dec 11 8:39 PM
- BINGHAMTON: 14
Dec 11 7:41 PM
- BINGHAMTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 11 7:03 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12