Leslie, NC State handle St. BonaventureDec 23, 2012 - 6:57 AM Raleigh, NC (Sports Network) - C.J. Leslie recorded a career-high 33 points to go along with eight rebounds as No. 25 North Carolina State handled St. Bonaventure, 92-73, at PNC Arena.
Scott Wood connected on five 3-pointers en route to 23 points, while T.J. Warren finished with 13 points and seven boards for the Wolfpack (9-2), who won their fifth straight game.
"We all have stepped up and played fairly well these last couple of games," Leslie said.
Eric Mosley paced the Bonnies (7-4) with 18 points and Youssou Ndoye contributed a double-double with 14 points and 14 rebounds as St. Bonaventure had its two-game win streak snapped.
After a Chris Johnson layup brought the Bonnies within 5-4 early in the first half, North Carolina State reeled off a 12-4 run to jump ahead, 17-8.
"We were intimidated a little bit, early. It looked like we were playing sluggish," said St. Bonaventure coach Mark Schmidt.
Mosley connected on a pair of 3-pointers during a 10-2 push by St. Bonaventure to get back within 19-18 just past the midpoint of the frame, but the Wolfpack responded with a 17-4 run led by Leslie's nine points to retake a comfortable 36-22 advantage.
A 10-3 spurt by the Bonnies later closed their gap to 39-32 with 1:19 left in the first half before a Wood 3-pointer and a pair of Leslie free throws around a Matthew Wright foul shot gave NC State a 44-33 edge at the break.
Wood then opened the second half with a shot from beyond the arc that was followed by a Rodney Purvis layup, and the Wolfpack were able to maintain at least a 12-point lead for the remainder of the game.
NC State improved to 56-18 against opponents from the Atlantic 10 Conference ... The Wolfpack now lead the all-time series, 2-1 ... North Carolina State shot 6-for-14 from three-point range as a team ... Mosley made five of St. Bonaventure's eight 3-pointers. The Bonnies shot 8-for-25 from beyond the arc.
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 73
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 92
Dec 22 4:59 PM
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 33
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 44
Dec 22 3:48 PM
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 0
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 22 3:03 PM
- NC State's Anya opts out of draft, returns for senior season May 20
- NC State forward Abdul-Malik Abu pulls out of NBA Draft May 19
- NC State adds 7-foot Turkish center Omer Yurtseven May 16
- NC State's 1983 NCAA championship team to visit White House Apr 28
- Twins Caleb and Cody Martin transferring from NC State Mar 24
- NC State junior Anthony 'Cat' Barber to remain in NBA draft Mar 22
- Gottfried, Wolfpack focused on returning to NCAAs next year Mar 15
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- NC State assistant Moxley moving to support role after year Mar 6
- NC State's Barber carries heavy load for struggling Wolfpack Mar 4
- Wolfpack's Henderson still working back from ankle injury Feb 5
- NC State keeping eye on 'Cat' Barber's injured knee Jan 25