No. 2 Duke handles DelawareDec 1, 2012 - 9:26 PM
Ryan Kelly netted 18 points and Rasheed Sulaimon added 14 points and six assists for the Blue Devils (8-0), who extended their non-conference winning streak to 98 games.
Duke was without the services of starting guard Seth Curry after he injured his left ankle during the second half of the Blue Devils' win over Ohio State on Wednesday. It's the first contest Curry's missed since transferring from Liberty following the 2008-09 season.
Devon Saddler tallied 23 points and nine boards for the Blue Hens (2-6), who have dropped four straight games.
Terrell Rogers' jumper a little over four minutes in cut the Delaware deficit to 10-7, but Duke seized control and registered the next 15 points.
Plumlee, who had five points during the surge, sunk 1-of-2 free throws to cap the run and make it 25-7 midway through the opening frame.
Duke took a 42-19 cushion into the locker room and cruised in the second half en route to the easy win.
Amile Jefferson had 12 points and six rebounds off the bench for Duke ... The Blue Devils shot 52.2 percent (35-of-67) from the field, while Delaware finished 27.7 percent (18-of-65) from the floor.
- DELAWARE: 50
Dec 1 4:00 PM
- DELAWARE: 19
Dec 1 2:54 PM
- DELAWARE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 1 2:08 PM
- Krzyzewski has hernia surgery, expects to be healthy for Rio May 9
- Duke's Grayson Allen has hernia surgery Apr 22
- Duke's Jefferson receives medical hardship waiver Apr 22
- Duke freshman guard Derryck Thornton to transfer Apr 10
- Grayson Allen to return to Duke for junior season Apr 6
- Duke's Brandon Ingram declares for NBA Draft after 1 season Apr 4
- Duke: Coach K recovering from knee replacement surgery Apr 3
- Duke ends with longer-than-expected NCAA run, short bench Mar 25
- Duke's title defense ends with 82-68 loss to Oregon Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18