No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee StateDec 23, 2012 - 8:09 AM Honolulu, HI (Sports Network) - Brandon Ashley scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, leading the fourth-ranked Arizona Wildcats to a 73-53 victory over East Tennessee State in the opening round of the Diamond Head Classic.
Mark Lyons and Kaleb Tarczewski had eight points apiece for Arizona (10-0), which will face Miami-Florida in Sunday's semifinals.
Jarvis Jones scored 21 points for the Buccaneers (2-8), who have lost five straight by an average of 22.2 points.
Arizona scored the game's first 11 points and never looked back. The Wildcats limited East Tennessee State to 22.2 percent shooting in the first half and led 38-17 at the break.
The advantage ballooned to 68-38 on a Jordin Mayes 3-pointer with 4:33 to play.
Solomon Hill, Nick Johnson, Kevin Parrom and Grant Jerrett each had seven points for Arizona ... The Wildcats are making their first trip to Hawaii since participating in the 2009 Maui Invitational ... East Tennessee State recorded only five assists on 18 made field goals.
- ARIZONA: 73
EAST TENNESSEE STATE: 53
Dec 23 12:29 AM
- ARIZONA: 38
EAST TENNESSEE STATE: 17
Dec 22 11:22 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
EAST TENNESSEE STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 22 10:40 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10
- Arizona's Trier coming on strong after talk from Miller Dec 12
- Gonzaga, Arizona to keep one of West's best matchups going Dec 2
- Arizona's Tarczewski out at least a month with foot injury Dec 1