Zeller, Indiana dominate North Dakota StateNov 13, 2012 - 2:58 AM Bloomington, IN (Sports Network) - Cody Zeller recorded 22 points and nine rebounds to lead top-ranked Indiana past North Dakota State, 87-61, at Assembly Hall.
Remy Abell added 14 points while shooting 3-for-3 from three-point range for Indiana (2-0), which improved to 8-0 all-time against Summit League opponents.
"That was definitely something big for me. I know I can get to the rim, but my teammates and coaches have really helped me work on my jump shot," Abell said about his shooting performance.
Jeremy Hollowell also had 14 points and Jordan Hulls contributed 11 in the win.
Marshall Bjorklund had 16 points and Mike Felt netted 11 for the Bison (1-1), who were coming off a 93-47 season-opening victory over Valley City State.
Indiana opened the game scoring six straight points and never looked back in the wire-to-wire victory.
The Bison answered with a 5-0 spurt to close the gap to one, but they would get no closer than that as the Hoosiers responded with a 16-6 run that included a pair of 3-pointers by Hulls to increase their lead to 22-11 just past the midpoint of the first half.
North Dakota State later pulled within 24-18 before Indiana closed out the half outscoring the Bison by a mark of 18-11 en route to a 42-29 advantage at the break.
The Hoosiers then cruised through the second half, holding at least a nine- point lead over the final 20 minutes as they gradually pulled away.
It was the first-ever meeting between the teams ... Indiana shot 48.3 percent from the floor and went 9-for-24 from beyond the arc ... The Bison shot 41.1 percent and made 8-of-20 three-point attempts ... The Hoosiers held a 37-21 advantage on the glass.
- NORTH DAKOTA STATE: 61
Nov 12 8:54 PM
- NORTH DAKOTA STATE: 30
Nov 12 7:49 PM
- NORTH DAKOTA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 12 7:04 PM
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Indiana prepares for Chattanooga, No. 12 seed pressure Mar 16
- Ferrell says Indiana legacy incomplete without deep NCAA run Mar 14