Zeller, No. 1 Indiana rout NebraskaFeb 14, 2013 - 4:55 AM Bloomington, IN (Sports Network) - Cody Zeller had 16 points and five rebounds in No. 1 Indiana's 76-47 win over Nebraska.
Christian Watford finished with 13 points and 11 rebounds, while Victor Oladipo added 13 points and eight boards for the Hoosiers (22-3, 10-2 Big Ten), who have rebounded with back-to-back wins since losing at Illinois last Thursday.
Dylan Talley netted 16 points to lead Nebraska (12-13, 3-9), which has dropped nine of its last 12 contests.
Indiana took a 27-18 lead into the break and blew the game open in the second half.
"We definitely wanted to start the second half off fast," Watford said. "We wanted to play our style of basketball. We felt like we were kind of letting them lure us in a little bit in the first half. We definitely wanted to get out in the second half and share the basketball."
After the Hoosiers opened up a 39-23 advantage a little less than four minutes into the stanza, Indiana went on a 19-4 run a bit later in the frame.
Zeller had six points during the surge, including the last four to open up a 58-32 cushion with 7:40 to play.
The hosts cruised the rest of the way.
"The trouble in the second half came with their 3-point shooting and their ability to get to the foul line," said Nebraska head coach Tim Miles. "They are always on the attack. That's just how they are."
Earlier, the Cornhuskers had a 14-11 edge midway through the first stanza before the IU outscored them 16-4 over the final 10 minutes to close the period.
Indiana moved to 9-2 all-time against Nebraska ... The Huskers have lost 16 straight and 37 of 38 road matchups against Top-25 foes dating back to 1999 ... Will Sheehey had nine points for the Hoosiers.
- NEBRASKA: 47
Feb 13 8:55 PM
- NEBRASKA: 18
Feb 13 7:48 PM
- NEBRASKA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 13 7:01 PM
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23