Robinson, Burke help No.3 Michigan to victory over ArkansasDec 8, 2012 - 9:27 PM Ann Arbor, MI (Sports Network) - Glenn Robinson III scored 17 points and Trey Burke added 16 with seven assists, as No. 3 Michigan pulled away down the stretch for an 80-67 triumph over Arkansas.
Tim Hardaway Jr. tallied 14 points, while Jordan Morgan and Nik Stauskas each tallied 12. Morgan also had 10 rebounds for the Wolverines (9-0), who gave head coach John Beilein his 100th win at the school.
"I'm proud of the way we played, but they're a tough team for us to match up with," Beilein said of the Razorbacks.
Michigan is 9-0 for the first time since the 1988-89 season, when the Wolverines went 11-0 on the way to the program's first national championship season.
Marshawn Powell scored 18 for the Razorbacks (4-4), who also received 13 points from Kikko Haydar and 10 apiece from Hunter Mickelson and Rickey Scott. Arkansas has lost four of its last five contests.
"Congratulations to Michigan on a hard fought win," Arkansas head coach Mike Anderson said. "I was really proud of the effort that our guys gave, but their key players stepped up when they had to. You certainly can't knock our guys effort and I saw our guys grow up through this stretch of games that we played."
Morgan's jumper capped a series of 10 straight points for the Wolverines, as they expanded their lead to 22-11 midway through the first half. The difference remained the same (42-32) at the break.
Although the Razorbacks never led, they did get within a point a couple of times in the second half, the last at 56-55 on Scott's layup inside nine minutes.
Stauskas and Spike Albrecht then drilled 3-pointers and the Wolverines were able to move the margin to double digits with under three minutes left.
Beilein is the seventh Michigan coach to reach 100 victories in a tenure ... Arkansas, which played its first true road game of the year, is 0-10 all-time against teams ranked No. 3 in the country ... Michigan hosted an SEC opponent for the first time in nearly a decade (70-66 win over Vanderbilt on Dec. 21, 2002). The Razorbacks beat the Wolverines in Fayetteville on Jan. 21, 2012, 66-64.
- ARKANSAS: 67
Dec 8 2:03 PM
- ARKANSAS: 32
Dec 8 12:55 PM
- ARKANSAS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 8 12:08 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16