No. 2 Michigan uses balanced attack to rout EMUDec 21, 2012 - 6:03 AM Ann Arbor, MI (Sports Network) - Tim Hardaway Jr. tallied 17 points, seven assists and five rebounds on Thursday, as No. 2 Michigan manhandled Eastern Michigan, 93-54, at Crisler Center.
Nik Stauskas knocked down five 3-pointers en route to 16 points, while Glenn Robinson III added 13 points and Trey Burke finished with 11 points and eight assists for the Wolverines (12-0), who are off to their second best start in school history.
"I really like winning. It beats the alternative," Michigan coach John Beilein remarked. "We still have a lot of work to do."
Daylen Harrison led the way for Eastern Michigan (6-4) with 13 points and Glenn Bryant chipped in 10 points in the setback, the Eagles' second in a row and third in their last four.
Eastern Michigan connected on a pair of early 3-pointers to grab a 6-2 lead less than two minutes in, but the Wolverines reeled off the next 20 points to build a double-digit lead they would not relinquish.
"Michigan has one of the best backcourts in the nation," Eagles coach Rob Murphy admitted. "I've never coached against a team who can shoot the ball at a high rate like Michigan does."
Hardaway poured in seven in the surge before Robinson capped it with a layup to make it 22-6 just under nine minutes into the game.
A Stauskas triple extended the margin to 40-19 with just over three minutes left in the frame before a 5-0 close to the half found Eastern Michigan within 40-24 at the break.
The Wolverines, though, netted the first five points of the second half to press their lead to 21 just over two minutes into the final frame.
Michigan was able to cruise from there, never allowing the Eagles to get closer than 17 the rest of the way.
Michigan's best start to a season was a 16-0 start in 1985-86 ... Michigan leads to all-time series, 27-2 ... Michigan is 23-1 at Crisler Center over the last two seasons ... Eastern Michigan fell to 0-4 on the road this season.
- EASTERN MICHIGAN: 54
Dec 20 10:20 PM
- EASTERN MICHIGAN: 24
Dec 20 9:16 PM
- EASTERN MICHIGAN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 20 8:36 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12