Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern LouisianaNov 11, 2012 - 11:31 PM Wisconsin to an 87-47 win over Southeastern Louisiana on Sunday.
Ben Brust posted a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds and Mike Bruesewitz chipped in with 10 points for the Badgers (1-0), who were eliminated by Syracuse in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament last season.
"We'll take what they give us on the defensive end, rebounding, points, screens. The whole process matters to us. When we break the film down, I'm sure there will be some areas where they can improve, imagine that," Badgers coach Bo Ryan said.
Dre Evans scored a team-high 13 points and Roosevelt Johnson scored nine for the Lions (0-1), who will take on Marquette on Tuesday.
"I think we have a good ball club that just got overwhelmed by a tremendous performance by Wisconsin. They were just terrific in every way," Lions coach Jim Yarbrough said.
Wisconsin scored the first 19 points of the game and Southeastern Louisiana had just three points midway through the first half. The Badgers stretched it to 42-15 with just over a minute remaining in the first, but a Jeremy Campbell jumper with 37 seconds left made it 43-17 at the break.
The second half was the same story for Wisconsin, which opened with a 17-9 run to go up 60-26 and cruised to the easy win.
The Badgers shot 53.6 percent from the field and were 6-for-12 from 3-point range in the first half.
Wisconsin has won 11 straight season-openers and 15 straight home openers ... The Badgers are 110-27 in non-conference home games under Ryan ... Wisconsin's 87 points are the most it has scored in a game since an 87-48 win over North Carolina State on Dec. 1, 2010.
Wisconsin has won 11 straight season-openers and 15 straight home openers ... The Badgers are 110-27 in non-conference home games under Bo Ryan ... Wisconsin's 87 points are the most it has scored in a game since an 87-48 win over North Carolina State on Dec. 1, 2010.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17
- Native sons Chryst, Gard lead Wisconsin's visible programs Mar 14