Oklahoma State pounds UT-ArlingtonDec 20, 2012 - 3:55 AM Stillwater, OK (Sports Network) - Markel Brown logged 17 points and five steals as No. 24 Oklahoma State downed turnover-prone Texas-Arlington, 69-44, at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
Phil Forte scored 13 points, while Le'Bryan Nash and Marcus Smart each chipped in 10 for the Cowboys (9-1), who have won four straight since their lone loss against Virginia Tech.
"We're 9-1, and I think that there are so many areas that we can get better at and will get better at," OSU head coach Travis Ford said. "It's good that we have a good record, but we're not a great team yet. We want to be great in February or March."
Texas-Arlington (5-3) committed a whopping 31 turnovers to fall to a Big 12 team for the third time this season. Jamel Outler netted a team-high 14 points in a losing effort.
The Mavericks turned it over 10 times in the opening nine minutes and missed seven of their first nine shots to find themselves down, 17-5.
"I think our guys got really tentative and scared," UTA head coach Scott Cross said. "That's how it looked to me."
The difference reached 25-8 a little later after Brown blocked a driving Drew Charles to start a fastbreak that led to Mike Cobbins' dunk.
A late 7-0 run had UT Arlington within 28-17, but the Cowboys scored the last eight points, the final two coming off Brown's steal and layup to build a 19- point lead.
Despite not shooting well out of the break, Oklahoma State's lead never dipped below 16 in the second half.
Oklahoma State has held its opponents to under 60 points in six of its last eight games ... The Cowboys outscored the Mavericks at the foul line, 12-1 ... UT Arlington also lost to Oklahoma on Nov. 16 and Texas on Dec. 1 ... The Cowboys lead the all-time series, 11-1.
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20
- No. 15 Oklahoma holds off Oklahoma State Mar 13
- Cowboys and Sooners square off in Big 12 Tournament Mar 12