Brown bombs away as No. 17 Cowboys clobber Texas TechFeb 14, 2013 - 4:46 AM Oklahoma State to a 91-67 rout of Texas Tech at United Spirit Arena.
"It was good to see him get going," Oklahoma State coach Travis Ford said of Brown. "When he's open he has a chance to make them. He got some good open shots off some assists. Early in the game I think most of our shots came off of assists."
Phil Forte added 14 points and Michael Cobbins scored 13 while pulling down 12 rebounds for the Cowboys (18-5, 8-3 Big 12), winners in six straight.
Marcus Smart, who had averaged 20.8 points over his past four games, netted just 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting over 18 minutes for Oklahoma State.
Dusty Hannahs scored 14 points and Josh Gray added 10 for the Red Raiders (9-13, 2-9), who have dropped five in a row and nine of their last 10 overall.
"We had no sense of urgency and they did a great job of attacking us and they kept us on our heels the whole game," said Texas Tech interim head coach Chris Walker.
The Cowboys dominated the game from the start, scoring the first five points to spark a 24-6 run.
Texas Tech scored 12 unanswered points to cut the lead to single digits, 26-18, with 8:39 remaining, but Oklahoma State exploded for a 22-9 surge to take a 48-27 lead just over five minutes later and took a 55-34 advantage into the break.
The Cowboys scored the first nine points of the second half and led, 73-42, with eight minutes played.
The Red Raiders never got closer than 22 the rest of the way.
Oklahoma State holds a 40-13 lead in the all-time series, and have won 10 of the last 12 games between the schools ... The Cowboys shot 56.1 percent (32- for-57) from the field and finished 12-for-20 from 3-point range ... Texas Tech has dropped six straight to Oklahoma State.
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 91
TEXAS TECH: 67
Feb 13 9:00 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 55
TEXAS TECH: 34
Feb 13 7:51 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
TEXAS TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 13 7:05 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28