Oklahoma State handles West VirginiaFeb 23, 2013 - 11:19 PM Oklahoma State to a 73-57 win over West Virginia on Saturday.
Brown shot 5-of-11 from the field and Nash was 7-of-12 for the Cowboys (20-6, 10-4 Big 12), who came into the game off a double-overtime loss to Kansas. Marcus Smart scored 14 points and Brian Williams had 13 points and six rebounds off the bench.
Aaric Murray and Matt Humphrey scored 11 and 10 points, respectively, off the bench for the Mountaineers (13-14, 6-8), who have lost two straight games. Kevin Noreen recorded nine points and eight rebounds.
The second half started with both teams trading shots. However, after a dunk by Murray, the Cowboys went on a 6-0 run to start pulling away and had a 45-36 lead just over five minutes in.
A jumper by Murray and a 3-pointer by Humphrey closed the deficit to 45-41, but then the Mountaineers gassed out.
Marcus Smart scored five consecutive points to start a 13-2 run for the Cowboys, capped off by a trey by Williams, and the visitors had a 58-43 advantage with 9 1/2 minutes to play.
As Oklahoma State pulled away, the Mountaineers made just two field goals in the final twelve minutes of the game.
Down 15-8 with about 10 1/2 minutes remaining in the first half, Oklahoma State went on a 10-0 run, capped off with a layup by Nash to give the Cowboys a 17-16 lead with just over seven minutes remaining.
Gary Browne responded with a layup of his own but another layup by Nash would give the Cowboys the lead they didn't let go.
The Mountaineers, though, stuck close behind throughout the rest of the half. Murray scored West Virginia's final six points, including a tip shot with just two seconds remaining to put them within 35-33 at halftime.
Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford earned his 100th win with the Cowboys ... The Cowboys shot 47.2 percent from the field ... The Mountaineers shot 30.2 percent from the field, including 4-of-21 from 3-point range.
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 73
WEST VIRGINIA: 57
Feb 23 4:13 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 35
WEST VIRGINIA: 33
Feb 23 3:04 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
WEST VIRGINIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 2:05 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Press Virginia meets its match, ousted by Stephen F. Austin Mar 18
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- WVU's goggled junior Devin Williams has opened some eyes Mar 15
- West Virginia's deep bench led by top scorer Jaysean Paige Feb 25
- West Virginia dedicates statue to "Hot Rod" Hundley Feb 20
- West Virginia forward Jonathan Holton reinstated to team Feb 11
- Huggins critical of team after No. 9 WVU loses at Florida Jan 30
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11