No. 5 Louisville crushes Western KentuckyDec 23, 2012 - 3:53 AM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Russ Smith netted 20 points in No. 5 Louisville's 78-55 rout of Western Kentucky.
Wayne Blackshear had 17 points and eight rebounds for the Cardinals (11-1), who have won six straight since suffering their first loss to Duke on Nov. 24.
Brandon Harris tallied 14 points and seven boards for the Hilltopers (8-5).
George Fant's layup pulled Western Kentucky within 11-7 a little more than four minutes in, but the Cardinals responded with a 17-2 run to seize control of the contest.
Montrezl Harrell had seven points during the surge and two Peyton Siva free throws capped the swing and made it 28-9 with 8:09 remaining in the opening half.
Louisville took a 40-22 advantage into the break and led by as many as 27 in the second half.
Chane Behanan netted 14 points to go with seven rebounds, while Harrell finished with 13 points ... Louisville shot 50.9 percent (27-of-53) from the field.
- LOUISVILLE: 78
WESTERN KENTUCKY: 55
Dec 22 10:47 PM
- LOUISVILLE: 0
WESTERN KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 22 8:41 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Western Kentucky hires Rick Stansbury as men's hoop coach Mar 28
- Ray Harper resigns as Western Kentucky basketball coach Mar 17
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9