Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame rout BrownDec 9, 2012 - 3:39 AM Notre Dame to an 84-57 win over Brown on Saturday.
Cameron Biedscheid dropped in 17 points, while Scott Martin chipped in with 14 points and eight boards for the Fighting Irish (8-1), who have won six straight. Eric Atkins had 10 points and 12 assists and Jerian Grant donated 12 points and seven assists in the triumph.
"I thought we got off to a great start," said Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey. "Our guards did a fabulous job guarding their (Brown's) guards. Their guards are good. It was a workout all night chasing them around."
Matt Sullivan had a game-high 18 points and Sean McGonagill scored 15 points for the Bears (3-5), who have dropped four of their last five.
"We showed flashes of effort tonight," said Brown head coach Mike Martin. "But you have to compete for 40 minutes to stay with a team as talented as Notre Dame."
Sullivan's three-point play tied the game at 15-15 with just over nine minutes to go in the first half, but Notre Dame used a 10-0 run over the next two-plus minutes to go up 25-15.
The Bears clawed back to cut it to 32-25 after Tucker Halpern's trey with 3 1/2 minutes to go, but the Irish closed the half on a 10-2 surge to take a 42-27 lead into the break.
Notre Dame led 61-45 halfway through the second half and outscored Brown 23-12 the rest of the way to seal the win.
Notre Dame is 3-0 all-time versus Brown ... The Irish shot 50 percent from the field and held the Bears to 36.8 percent shooting ... Brown faced a ranked opponent for the first time since an 86-47 loss to fifth-ranked Wake Forest on Jan. 6, 2004.
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19