Syracuse eases past Long Beach StateDec 7, 2012 - 7:44 AM Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - C.J. Fair led five Syracuse players in double figures with 16 points and grabbed a career-high 13 rebounds, as the fourth- ranked Orange beat Long Beach State, 84-53.
"I got a couple of easy baskets to get me going," Fair said. "When we're winning by a lot, it's hard to get your rhythm. I tried to focus on that."
Michael Carter-Williams had a 15-point, 10-assist double-double for the Orange (7-0), who have won their last 27 games at the Carrier Dome, the longest home winning streak in Division I.
Rakeem Christmas, Trevor Cooney and Brandon Triche each scored 11 points in the 897th win of coach Jim Boeheim's career.
Dan Jennings paced the 49ers (3-5) with a career-high 20 points.
Syracuse took control right from the opening tip, building a 14-4 lead just past the five-minute mark.
"We let them get off to a good start and didn't make them uncomfortable," 49ers head coach Dan Monson said.
The 49ers managed to trim their deficit to 25-19 when Peter Pappageorge hit a 3-pointer with 7:32 remaining, but consecutive dunks from Christmas made it 42-26.
Syracuse stretched its lead to 49-27 on a Carter-Williams trey before entering the break up by 20.
The outcome was never in doubt as the Orange's advantage grew to as many as 34 in the second half.
Syracuse has won 49 straight non-conference games in the regular season ... DaJuan Coleman had nine rebounds and three blocks for the Orange ... Pappageorge compiled 11 points and six assists ... Long Beach State was held to 29.2 percent shooting.
- LONG BEACH STATE: 53
Dec 6 9:52 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 29
Dec 6 8:45 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 6 8:03 PM
- Syracuse's Malachi Richardson all-in for NBA draft May 17
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Apr 18
- Syracuse reserve center Chinonso Obokoh transferring Apr 7
- Syracuse guard Kaleb Joseph transferring Apr 5
- Syracuse's Boeheim scoffs at idea that it was rough season Apr 3
- Correction: Final Four-Syracuse story Apr 3
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Syracuse rides improbable run to Final Four Mar 28
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Judge tosses suit by ex-Syracuse coach's wife against ESPN Mar 26
- Gonzaga taking on Syracuse's vaunted zone in Sweet 16 Mar 25