Syracuse destroys MonmouthDec 9, 2012 - 3:13 AM
Carter-Williams, one of seven Orange players in double figures, also compiled five steals and four blocks.
Brandon Triche had 18 points, Trevor Cooney scored 15 and C.J. Fair added 14 to go with 10 rebounds for Syracuse (8-0), which extended its home winning streak to 28 games, the longest in the nation.
James Southerland also contributed 14 points in coach Jim Boeheim's 898th career win, while DaJuan Coleman and Rakeem Christmas supplied 11 points apiece. Coleman grabbed a career-high 14 rebounds as well.
Ed Waite was the lone Monmouth player to reach double digits in scoring, finishing with 10 points.
The Hawks (5-5) were without coach King Rice, who was suspended for postgame comments directed at referees following Wednesday's loss to Navy.
Early on, the Hawks kept pace with Syracuse as the teams were deadlocked at 19-19 through the opening 9 1/2 minutes. But the Orange dominated the rest of the frame, shooting 50 percent on their way to building a 57-28 halftime lead.
"It was a little bit of a slow start, but we got the pressure going and got some turnovers, and got the ball in the open court and made some shots," Boeheim said.
Syracuse didn't let up following the break, starting the second half on a 13-0 burst. The Orange led by as many as 57 down the stretch.
Syracuse hasn't suffered a loss in its last 50 regular-season meetings with a non-conference opponent ... Triche recorded eight assists ... Monmouth is now 0-22 all-time versus ranked opponents and 0-42 against Big East teams.
- MONMOUTH: 56
Dec 8 8:56 PM
- MONMOUTH: 28
Dec 8 7:53 PM
- MONMOUTH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 8 6:07 PM
- Syracuse's Malachi Richardson all-in for NBA draft May 17
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Apr 18
- Syracuse reserve center Chinonso Obokoh transferring Apr 7
- Syracuse guard Kaleb Joseph transferring Apr 5
- Syracuse's Boeheim scoffs at idea that it was rough season Apr 3
- Correction: Final Four-Syracuse story Apr 3
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Syracuse rides improbable run to Final Four Mar 28
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Judge tosses suit by ex-Syracuse coach's wife against ESPN Mar 26
- Gonzaga taking on Syracuse's vaunted zone in Sweet 16 Mar 25