McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel PresbyterianNov 18, 2012 - 10:20 PM Omaha, NE (Sports Network) - Doug McDermott posted 24 points and seven rebounds as No. 15 Creighton thumped Presbyterian, 87-58, in the Las Vegas Invitational.
Ethan Wragge posted 18 points on 6-of-8 shooting from 3-point range while Austin Chatman added nine points and 11 assists for the Bluejays (3-0), who have posted double-digit victories in all three wins this season.
Jordan Downing had 25 points and five boards while Khalid Mutakabbir added 12 points for the Blue Hose (0-3), who shot 40.4 percent in their third straight double-digit loss.
Holding a one-point lead in the first half, Creighton gave itself some space with four straight 3-pointers, with the final three coming from Wragge for a 22-9 lead with just over nine minutes to play.
The Bluejays added an 11-0 run later in the half that helped them take a 43-17 lead into the break.
Creighton was never seriously challenged in the second half as it led by as many as 35 and never less than 26 in the easy victory.
Creighton shot a blistering 61.5 percent and went 12-for-24 from 3-point range ... The Bluejays dominated the boards, 35-22, and had 30 points in the paint compared to 20 for the Blue Hose ... This was the first meeting between these two schools.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Arcidiacono, Villanova tops Creighton Mar 3
- Creighton seeks upset of No. 4 Villanova Mar 3
- Butler slips past Creighton Feb 17
- Bluejays and Bulldogs meet in Big East brawl Feb 16
- Georgetown holds Creighton to 40 points Jan 31