No. 25 SDSU downs Missouri StateNov 17, 2012 - 9:38 PM Springfield, MO (Sports Network) - Jamaal Franklin finished with a game-high 22 points and 12 rebounds and the No.25 San Diego State Aztecs defeated the Missouri State Bears, 60-44, on Saturday.
In addition, Franklin came away with three steals and blocked three shots in the victory for the Aztecs (2-1). Xavier Thames and James Rahon chipped in with 11 and 10 points, respectively, for San Diego, which was coming off its first victory of the season against San Diego Christian on Tuesday.
The Bears (1-1) lost for just the third time at home to a non-conference opponent since the 2009-10 season. Anthony Downing was the only scorer in double digits for Missouri State, finishing with 16 points.
Keith Pickens added nine points and six rebounds while Dorrian Williams poured in eight points in the loss.
Franklin scored more than half of the Aztecs' points in the first half, dropping in 15 to help San Diego out to a 29-20 halftime lead, despite a strong start from Missouri State.
The Bears jumped out to an 8-2 lead following consecutive 3-pointers. They held a six-point advantage with 8:29 remaining in the period after Drew Wilson's putback, but thanks to 11 points from Frankin during a San Diego 19-4 run, the Aztecs headed into the second half with a nine-point advantage.
A jumper from Downing concluded a 6-0 run for the Bears, cutting the Aztecs' lead to 41-37 with 7:21 remaining in the game, but they didn't come any closer.
Back-to-back 3-pointers from Rahon and Chase Tapley quickly built San Diego's advantage back up to 10. A pair of free throws from Thames gave the Aztecs their largest lead of the game at 18 with 1:14 left.
San Diego improved to 22-5 in its last 27 road games ... Missouri State shot a woeful 28.1 percent from the field and lost for just the 11th time in its last 55 home games.
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 60
MISSOURI STATE: 44
Nov 17 4:13 PM
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 29
MISSOURI STATE: 20
Nov 17 3:05 PM
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 0
MISSOURI STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 17 2:08 PM
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21
- Red Storm tangle with Aztecs in South Region Mar 20