Arizona cruises past Washington StateFeb 23, 2013 - 11:13 PM Tucson, AZ (Sports Network) - Kevin Parrom had 19 points and seven rebounds to lead No. 12 Arizona to a 73-56 win over Washington State on Saturday.
Parrom was 6-of-7 from the field, including five 3-pointers, for the Wildcats (23-4, 11-4 Pac-12), who have won three straight games. Mark Lyons added 14 points and Kaleb Tarczewski recorded 12 points and six rebounds.
Brock Motum had a game-high 20 points on 7-of-13 shooting for the Cougars (11-17, 2-13), who have lost eight straight games and are last in the Pac-12 conference standings. DaVonte Lacy scored 10 points, while D.J. Shelton registered seven points, five assists and five rebounds.
Arizona was strong throughout the contest. Parrom fired a pair of three- pointers to start a 20-7 run for the Wildcats within the first 11 1/2 minutes of the game.
The Wildcats extended to their lead to 15 points with two minutes left in the first half. After a pair of three throws by Lacy, Tarczewski made a three- point play to give Arizona a 35-19 lead at halftime.
Arizona continued to lock down defensively in the second half, allowing just one field goal in the first five minutes
Royce Woolridge's dunk with 14:52 remaining in regulation sparked a 9-0 surge, capped off with a trey by Brett Boese to cut the deficit to 43-31 with 12:49 to go.
The Cougars got within 52-41, with just under seven minutes to play, but they were unable to close the gap any further.
Arizona outscored Washington State 21-15 in the final minutes. Parrom scored eight points and Nick Johnson fired a trey to seal the deal.
Arizona shot 55.6 percent from the field, including 11-of-22 from 3-point range ... Parrom had 13 points and five rebounds in the second half.
- WASHINGTON STATE: 56
Feb 23 5:12 PM
- WASHINGTON STATE: 19
Feb 23 3:56 PM
- WASHINGTON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 3:08 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10
- Arizona's Trier coming on strong after talk from Miller Dec 12