Washington, Wyoming top No.19 ColoradoDec 2, 2012 - 6:16 AM Laramie, WY (Sports Network) - Leonard Washington poured in a team-high 22 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Wyoming to a 76-69 win over 19th- ranked Colorado on Saturday.
Larry Nance Jr. had 14 points and seven rebounds and Josh Adams added 10 points for the Cowboys (8-0), who are off their best start since going 11-0 in 1987.
Spencer Dinwiddie had 24 points, six rebounds and four assists while Andre Roberson chipped in with 16 points and 12 boards for the Buffaloes (6-1), who will take on Colorado State on Wednesday.
The teams traded baskets for most of the first half. Jeremy Adams' jumper at the 2:52 mark gave the Buffs their biggest lead of the first half at 23-20, but Wyoming scored the next four points to take the lead. A Dinwiddie triple gave Colorado a 26-24 cushion and his layup at the buzzer gave Colorado a 28-26 lead at the break.
Trailing 34-33 with just over four minutes played in the second half, Nance Jr. buried a 3-ball to spark a 17-9 sequence to put the Cowboys up 51-42.
The Buffs chipped away and pulled within 55-50 with just under seven minutes left, but a 9-2 burst put Wyoming up 64-52. Colorado outscored 14-12 the rest of the way and the Cowboys held on for the win.
Wyoming forced 17 turnovers, but gave it away just nine times ... The Pokes have won 42 of the 77 meetings between the two programs dating back to 1908 ... Wyoming allowed a season-high 69 points.
- COLORADO: 69
Dec 2 12:08 AM
- COLORADO: 28
Dec 1 10:50 PM
- COLORADO: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 1 10:08 PM
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Boyle, Buffs look to rebound from disappointing season Oct 28
- Colorado Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Colorado's Xavier Johnson tears Achilles Jun 25
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14