Roberson helps Colorado edge OregonFeb 8, 2013 - 5:58 AM
Oregon led the entire game until Roberson's layup with 23 seconds left gave the Buffaloes a one-point edge.
The Ducks had a chance at the other end, but E.J. Singler's fadeaway jumper with two seconds left was blocked by Spencer Dinwiddie, allowing the Buffaloes to escape with their first win in Oregon since Dec. 5, 1955.
"The final play was designed for me to get a drive, but they played really good defense and blocked," Singler said. "After that I just tried to get a good shot."
Dinwiddie finished with eight points and four assists for Colorado (15-7, 5-5 Pac-12), which has won four of its last five games.
"I'm really proud of our players, to win when you don't play your best," Colorado coach Tad Boyle said. "You have to do it at some point of the year, you just do, and multiple times sometimes because it's not always going to be pretty."
Singler and Carlos Emory each netted 14 points to lead the Ducks (18-5, 7-3), who have lost three straight on the heels of a nine-game winning streak.
Oregon carried a 28-23 edge into the second half before Dinwiddie recorded his first points of the contest with a three-point play to bring the Buffaloes within two.
The teams exchanged buckets from there until Damyean Dotson's trey sparked a 9-4 Oregon push to give the Ducks a 41-35 edge with just under 9 1/2 minutes remaining.
Oregon's lead was seven, 47-40, after Emory's dunk with 4:26 to play, but the Ducks failed to score the rest of the way, as the Buffaloes closed the contest on an 8-0 surge to earn the rare win in Eugene.
"We did not execute when it comes down to it," Oregon center Tony Woods said. "We were turning over the ball too much in the last few minutes and they were getting those second chance points."
Oregon fell to 14-1 at home this season. The Ducks last loss at home came on Jan. 29, 2012 against Oregon State ... Colorado leads the all-time series, 6-3 ... Colorado shot 36.5 percent (19-for-52) from the field, while Oregon shot 36.2 percent (21-for-58) from the floor.
- COLORADO: 48
Feb 7 11:58 PM
- COLORADO: 23
Feb 7 10:52 PM
- COLORADO: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 7 10:06 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29