Colorado rolls past No. 19 OregonMar 8, 2013 - 7:46 AM Colorado cruised past No. 19 Oregon, 76-53, at Coors Events Center.
Spencer Dinwiddie finished with 17 points, seven rebounds and six assists, while Askia Booker added 11 points and six boards for the Buffaloes (20-9, 10-7 Pac-12), who added a fourth win over a Top-25 opponent to their NCAA Tournament resume.
"Our starters, bench, whoever we put in there played their hearts out and we beat a good solid basketball team," Colorado head coach Tad Boyle said.
Arsalan Kazemi, Johnathan Loyd and Ben Carter each tallied 10 points for the Ducks (23-7, 12-5), who are tied with No. 23 UCLA atop the Pac-12 standings.
"We were flat, no energy and in a game like this, it's just unbelievable," Ducks head coach Dana Altman said.
Colorado opened the game on an 8-3 run and led 19-6 by the midway point of the first half.
Sabatino Chen's layup with under three minutes left made it 34-18, and the Buffaloes took a 37-21 lead into the break.
Colorado's lead swelled to 23 points, 52-29, after Jeremy Adams' dunk, but the Ducks managed to cut it to 62-45 on Kazemi's layup with under nine minutes to play.
Oregon couldn't get closer than 19 the rest of the way as Colorado picked up its fourth straight win over the Ducks.
Colorado is 4-0 against Oregon since joining the Pac-12 last season ... Dinwiddie went 9-for-10 from the free throw line ... The Ducks were a pitiful 9-for-22 from the charity stripe ... Colorado's Andre Roberson, the nation's leading rebounder, missed the game because of an illness ... Oregon can claim at least a share of its first Pac-12 regular season crown since 2002 with a win at Utah on Saturday, as well as the top seed in the upcoming Pac-12 tournament. The Ducks own the tiebreaker over UCLA after winning the only meeting between the teams on Jan. 19.
- OREGON: 53
Mar 7 11:01 PM
- OREGON: 21
Mar 7 9:56 PM
- OREGON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 7 9:06 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29