Woods helps Ducks edge BruinsJan 20, 2013 - 12:08 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Tony Woods scored a game-high 18 points to lead No. 21 Oregon past 24th-ranked UCLA, 76-67, at Pauley Pavilion.
Dominic Artis followed with 14 points and six assists, while Arsalan Kazemi contributed 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Ducks (16-2, 5-0 Pac-12), who are 5-0 in conference play for the first time since the 1973-74 season.
Damyean Dotson had 11 points and six boards in Oregon's seventh straight win.
Travis Wear paced the Bruins (15-4, 5-1) with 17 points and Kyle Anderson recorded a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds as UCLA saw it's 10- game win streak come to an end.
Norman Powell scored 11 points and Shabazz Muhammad netted 10 to go along with six rebounds in defeat.
UCLA closed out a back-and-forth first half that saw 15 lead changes and four ties with a personal 8-3 run by Muhammad to carry a 40-37 edge into the break.
The Bruins connected on 55.2 percent of their shots in the first half while holding Oregon to just 37.5 percent from the floor, but the Ducks went 5- for-10 from beyond the arc to stay in the game.
The teams continued to trade baskets in the second half, as the game entered the final nine minutes with the score tied at 52.
Dotson then capped a quick 7-2 burst with a 3-pointer to give the Ducks a 59-54 lead, but UCLA responded with a 7-3 push to get back within a point with 3:30 to play.
Oregon, however, netted the next eight points to reopen a 70-61 advantage with a little over a minute remaining following a pair of dunks by Woods.
Back-to-back field goals by Larry Drew II brought the Bruins back within 70-65 with 45 seconds left, but they would get no closer as Oregon was able to hold them off at the foul line.
UCLA leads the all-time series between the teams, 12-7 ... The game saw a total of 16 lead changes and six ties ... UCLA finished the game shooting 46.6 percent from the floor, including a 3-for-11 mark from 3-point range ... The Ducks shot 45 percent from the field and went 6-for-13 from beyond the arc.
- OREGON: 76
Jan 19 6:20 PM
- OREGON: 37
Jan 19 4:57 PM
- OREGON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 19 4:12 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29