No. 23 Oregon bounces back, downs StanfordFeb 24, 2013 - 5:01 AM Eugene, OR (Sports Network) - Carlos Emory scored 19 points, and 23rd-ranked Oregon bounced back from a tough loss Thursday with a 77-66 victory over Stanford.
Oregon lost for just the second time this season at Matthew Knight Arena on Thursday when Justin Cobbs nailed a buzzer-beating jumper to lift California to a 48-46 victory.
The Ducks (22-6, 11-4 Pac-12) went on a big run early in the second half to gain control of Saturday's game. They received 15 points from both Johnathan Loyd and Arsalan Kazemi, and E.J. Singler scored 12 as the Ducks posted their fourth win in five games.
"We didn't give them easy baskets. Our defense has been solid for a long time. The two games where Johnny Loyd has hit shots, we've won both games by double figures. He set a great offensive tone," said Oregon coach Dana Altman, who recorded his 600th career victory.
Dwight Powell scored 16, while Josh Huestis added 12 points and 11 rebounds for Stanford (16-12, 7-8), which dominated the Ducks by a 76-52 count on Jan. 30.
Andy Brown's jumper had the Cardinal within 35-30 nearly 2 1/2 minutes into the second half, but Oregon ran off 16 of the next 22 points. Singler capped the burst by making 3-of-4 free throws after a technical foul was called on Stanford.
The Cardinal didn't threaten the rest of the way.
A jumper from Huestis boosted the visitors to a 14-7 lead seven minutes into the game, but Oregon netted the following eight points and gained a 30-26 halftime edge.
Stanford was trying for its first conference road sweep in three years ... Stanford is 4-13 all-time against top-25 teams under head coach Johnny Dawkins ... Chasson Randle had 12 points for Stanford, which shot 39 percent from the field ... Oregon's 16 home wins this season are tied for the second highest total in school history.
- STANFORD: 66
Feb 23 10:10 PM
- STANFORD: 26
Feb 23 8:52 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 8:07 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14