Emory helps Oregon take down Oregon StateMar 1, 2013 - 7:58 AM Oregon to an 85-75 win over Oregon State in the 339th installment of the Civil War.
Tony Woods added 16 points and Johnathan Loyd finished with 12 points for the Ducks (23-6, 12-4 Pac-12), winners in five of their last six games.
"We really battled back in the second half," Oregon coach Dana Altman said. "Oregon State played outstanding, but in the second half they just didn't hit the shot, which was great for us."
Roberto Nelson poured in a game-high 31 points on 11-of-19 shooting from the field and Devon Collier added 14 points for the Beavers (13-16, 3-13), who have dropped four straight.
Oregon trailed 51-46 following Joe Burton's jumper at the 14:22 mark, but used a 21-5 surge to take a 67-56 lead with 8 1/2 minutes left.
Woods poured in 10 points on the run, including a trio of highlight reel slams.
The Beavers managed to cut it to 70-62 moments later, but it would be as close as it would get the rest of the way.
The teams traded baskets for much of the first half, but Oregon managed to take a 29-25 lead following E.J. Singler's layup with 4:22 left. The Beavers, though, closed the half on a 16-5 flurry to take a 41-34 edge into the break.
"I knew we would regroup in the second half," Singler said. "We came out and got some good turnovers and really executed in the second half. We would like to be up at half, but our senior leadership in the second half is really good."
Despite the setback, Oregon State holds a 184-155 lead in the all-time series, which is the most games between any two teams in NCAA history ... Oregon forced 18 turnovers ... Singler finished with nine points and six assists ... Burton had eight points and eight rebounds in the setback.
- OREGON STATE: 75
Mar 1 1:35 AM
- OREGON STATE: 41
Mar 1 12:04 AM
- OREGON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 28 11:11 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29