Utah knocks off No. 19 OregonMar 10, 2013 - 1:18 AM Salt Lake City, UT (Sports Network) - Jason Washburn registered 20 points and 12 rebounds and led Utah to a 72-62 win over No. 19 Oregon on Saturday.
Washburn shot 8-of-10 from the field for the Utes (13-17, 5-13 Pac-12), who ended the regular season with two straight wins. Jarred DuBois added 15 points while Jordan Loveridge and Brandon Taylor scored 14 points apiece.
"Last time we played Oregon, we got beat on the glass 41-19, so it didn't take a lot of motivation for our guys to know that is where it was going to happen. We met that challenge," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said.
The Utes won the rebounding battle, 31-28.
E.J. Singler recorded 21 points and seven rebounds and Tony Woods had 13 points and eight rebounds for the Ducks (23-8, 12-6), who finished the regular season having dropped their final two contests.
Utah had a 44-30 advantage at halftime.
After a three-point play by Washburn extended Utah's lead to 17, Oregon cut the deficit to 60-54 with 7:35 remaining in regulation.
However, it was the closest the Ducks could reach.
Oregon scored just eight points and made 1-of-5 from three-point range for the remainder of the contest.
Meanwhile, DuBois, Washburn and Taylor combined to score Utah's final 12 points to seal the victory.
Utah started the contest on a 9-0 run, but Oregon responded with a 10-4 spurt, to cut the gap to 13-10.
The Utes extended their lead by as much as 11 points, 39-28, with 2 1/2 minutes remaining. After a layup by Oregon's Carlos Emory, Utah ended the half with a layup by Taylor and a three-point play by Washburn.
Washburn scored 15 points in the first half alone.
"Well, they really took it at us that first half, and the boards. I'm really disappointed defensively," Oregon coach Dana Altman said.
Utah shot 65.5 percent from the field in the first half ... The Utes finish out the regular season 11-7 at home, including four wins over its last five games.
- OREGON: 62
Mar 9 4:23 PM
- OREGON: 30
Mar 9 3:17 PM
- OREGON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 9 2:33 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15