Razor Sharp: Arkansas routs No. 2 FloridaFeb 6, 2013 - 3:11 AM
The Razorbacks (14-8, 5-4 SEC) shot 49.1 percent from the floor and went 8- of-18 from beyond the arc while posting their first win against the No. 2 team in the nation since 1999.
Arkansas, which had lost five in a row against the Gators, snapped Florida's 10-game win streak.
The Gators (18-3, 8-1) posted a 78-64 home triumph over then 16th-ranked Ole Miss this past Saturday to jump from No. 4 to No. 2 in the latest AP poll, their highest position since being ranked No. 1 following the 2006-07 season.
BJ Young had 13 points to lead the Razorbacks, who improved to 14-1 at home this season. Marshawn Powell and Michael Qualls each tallied 11 points.
Mike Rosario ended with 15 points for the Gators, who lost for the first time since Dec. 22 against Kansas State. Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier II donated 14 and 11 points, respectively.
Arkansas started the game 3-of-4 from beyond the arc. Mardracus Wade accounted for a pair of the 3-pointers to make it a 9-2 game early on.
Holding a 14-8 lead with 15:13 left in the first half, the Razorbacks created some distance with a 22-5 run. The home team made four 3-pointers during the surge to build a 36-13 margin.
Arkansas shot 53.3 from the field in the first half to take a 43-26 lead. The Gators made just 29.2 percent of their shots and turned the ball over seven times.
The Razorbacks scored the first six points of the second half to extend their margin to 49-26.
After Florida responded with an 11-2 spurt to cut the gap to 51-37, Arkansas went on a 16-3 burst to put the game away.
Florida leads Arkansas in the all-time series, 15-11, although it is just 4-8 against Arkansas as the road team ... Arkansas improved to 6-8 against teams ranked No. 2 in the Associated Press poll ... The Gators had won four straight road games in the SEC ... Florida turned the ball over 16 times ... Kenny Boynton had 10 points for the Gators.
- FLORIDA: 69
Feb 5 9:09 PM
- FLORIDA: 26
Feb 5 7:56 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 5 7:07 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7