Bell leads Missouri over AuburnFeb 3, 2013 - 2:42 AM
Phil Pressey dished out 10 assists and Earnest Ross netted 23 points against his former team for the Tigers (16-5, 5-3 SEC), who were coming off a loss at LSU on Wednesday.
"I thought we really turned down some good shots for some great shots, and that was good to see," Missouri coach Frank Haith said. "We have to bottle what we have when we play at home and take it on the road. We have good chemistry when we play at home, sharing the ball, and we have to get that done on the road."
Frankie Sullivan tallied 12 points to lead Auburn (8-13, 2-6), which has dropped six consecutive contests.
"Just effort, that's all it was. Lack of effort, I would say from everybody. It became the same, from every game, it's the same time, so it's up to us to just have pride," Sullivan said of his team's defensive effort.
Asauhn Dixon-Tatum's layup pulled Auburn within 24-23 with 7:20 on the first- half clock, but Missouri went on a 10-1 flurry to create some distance. Bell had a pair of dunks during the spurt, which gave the hosts a 34-24 advantage with 5:05 in the opening stanza.
Missouri took a 45-35 cushion into the break and a 16-4 second-half run put the game away.
Alex Oriakhi had five points during the surge, which was capped on his three- point play to make it 67-46 in favor of the home team with 12:38 remaining.
The margin reached its apex at 22 down the stretch.
Alex Oriakhi surpassed the 1,000-point plateau for his career ... This is the first meeting between Missouri and Auburn ... Bell and Ross combined to go 17- of-25 from the field ... Missouri has won 13 straight games at home.
- AUBURN: 77
Feb 2 3:52 PM
- AUBURN: 35
Feb 2 2:39 PM
- AUBURN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 2 1:47 PM
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19