No.7 Florida routs AuburnFeb 17, 2013 - 1:22 AM Auburn, AL (Sports Network) - Mike Rosario led the way with a game-high 22 points and five assists as No. 7 Florida rolled to an 83-52 win over Auburn on Saturday.
Michael Frazier added 18 points and Kenny Boynton contributed 16 points for the Gators (21-3, 11-1 SEC), who have won three in a row since a setback at Arkansas.
Scottie Wilbekin totaled six points and four rebounds but dished out a game- best 10 assists for the victors.
Chris Denson had 13 points and Jordan Price totaled 12 for the Tigers (9-16, 3-9), losers in three straight.
Florida assumed control early on, jumping out to a 13-3 edge with less than five minutes played thanks to seven points from Rosario.
"I think we did a great job setting the tone," Boynton said. "We started off 13-3. I think every loose ball we tried to get, and we did a great job at attacking it."
That lead ballooned to 25-10 on a Rosario layup off the break and the resulting free throw just after the midway point of the half, then a Frazier triple boosted the visitors to a 43-22 edge inside of three minutes remaining.
Rosario and Wilbekin added buckets and the Gators took a 47-22 lead to intermission.
Boynton sank a triple and the Florida margin spilled over the 30-point mark at 63-31 with just over eight minutes gone in the second half.
Florida maintained at least a 30-point advantage for the duration, eventually extending it to as high as 35, with one minute remaining, on another trey from Frazier.
"We played a veteran, experienced team and they proved why they are one of the best teams in the league and in the country," Auburn coach Tony Barbee said of the Gators. "I told our guys I was disappointed in the overall defensive intensity and attention to detail."
Florida has bested Auburn in five straight and 15 of the last 16 meetings ... Erik Murphy totaled 11 points and six rebounds for the Gators ... Both teams recorded 30 rebounds, but the Gators had a clear advantage in shooting, connecting on 57.4 percent from the floor to 35.2 percent for the Tigers.
- FLORIDA: 83
Feb 16 3:38 PM
- FLORIDA: 47
Feb 16 2:32 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 16 1:47 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8