No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern LouisianaDec 20, 2012 - 2:23 AM Florida Gators bounced back with an 82-43 victory over the Southeastern Louisiana Lions on Wednesday.
Michael Frazier II and Patric Young added 12 and 10 points, respectively, for the Gators (8-1), who lost at Arizona on Saturday.
Brandon Fortenberry ended with 15 points for the Lions (1-8), who have lost five in a row.
Florida pulled away from SE Louisiana early on. Holding a 14-10 lead with 12:20 left in the first half, the Gators went on a 9-0 run. Scottie Wilbekin's 3-pointer made it a 23-10 contest.
Ahead by eight, 25-17, with 6:44 remaining, Rosario made back-to-back 3- pointers to spark a 12-2 Florida surge. Rosario added a layup and jumper prior to Will Yeguete's layup, which made it 37-19 with 3:40 to go.
The Gators took a 43-26 lead into the locker room and cruised to victory in the second half.
The Lions and Gators met on the hardwood for the first time ... Florida improved to 5-0 all-time against current Southland Conference members ... The Gators shot 49.1 percent from the field and went 10-of-32 from beyond the arc ... Southeastern Louisiana made just 29.1 percent of its shots.
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8
- Florida likely without starter Justin Leon vs No. 9 WVU Jan 29
- Florida takes pressure off Finney-Smith to be more vocal Jan 18