Ole Miss deals No. 10 Missouri first SEC lossJan 13, 2013 - 6:05 AM Missouri on Saturday night.
Jarvis Summers scored 12 points while Marshall Henderson added 11 for the Rebels (13-2, 2-0 SEC), who have won five straight games.
"I was really pleased with our defense," said Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy. "I don't think they ever got into an offensive rhythm and that's a tribute to the effort our guys gave."
Jabari Brown gave 13 points with seven rebounds and Keion Bell added 11 points and seven boards for the Tigers (12-3, 1-1), who had won two straight coming into the game. The Tigers didn't have leading scorer Laurence Bowers available. He's out with a sprained right knee, which he suffered Tuesday in a home win over Alabama.
"Ole Miss played great," said Missouri head coach Frank Haith. "I thought they were much tougher than us. They played with much more energy. Their fans were great. I thought we really didn't do things we've done all year. We didn't attack."
It took over 6 1/2 minutes for the Tigers to get on the board and by the time Tony Criswell put in a jumper, the Rebels had already scored nine.
A Nick Williams jumper followed by a Holloway layup made it a 19-6 game with just over eight minutes to play in the half, but Earnest Ross followed with a jumper and Brown hit a 3-pointer to get the game back to single-digits.
Holding a 31-22 lead at the break, Ole Miss scored the first five points of the second half for a 36-22 advantage.
It was an 8-point game after Criswell made a bucket for a 41-33 contest about four minutes in, but the Rebels followed with the next 10 points and Williams' jumper gave the team a 51-33 lead with 13 1/2 minutes left.
Missouri got no closer than 14 back the rest of the way.
Ole Miss plays at Vanderbilt on Tuesday ... Missouri hosts Georgia on Wednesday ... This was the first time these two schools have met on the hardwood ... Ole Miss had 13 steals in the game.
- MISSOURI: 49
Jan 12 10:05 PM
- MISSOURI: 22
Jan 12 8:55 PM
- MISSOURI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 12 8:08 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29