Cincinnati upends Oregon for tourney titleNov 25, 2012 - 6:47 AM Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Cashmere Wright posted 17 points to lead No. 22 Cincinnati to a 77-66 win over Oregon in the championship game of the Global Sports Classic.
Sean Kilpatrick had 16 points and eight rebounds for the Bearcats (6-0), who also got 16 points from JaQuon Parker.
Carlos Emory had 15 points and nine rebounds for the Ducks (5-1), who saw E.J. Single give 11 points and six boards. Arsalan Kazemi had nine points and 15 rebounds.
Cincinnati led from start to finish as the team scored the first nine points with Kilpatrick's jumper giving the team a 9-0 lead just over three minutes in.
Consecutive 3-pointers from Wright and Kilpatrick made it a 31-14 game with just over eight minutes to play in the half, but Oregon closed the frame with the final eight points to make it a 42-33 game at the break.
Eight straight free throws from the Ducks got the team back into the game as Ben Carter's two from the line cut their deficit to 45-43 close to six minutes in.
Oregon then went ahead a few minutes later thanks to an 8-0 run capped on a Damyean Dotson layup that gave the team a 54-52 lead with under eight minutes to play.
The Bearcats, though, answered with 11 straight points and Titus Rubles' jumper gave the team a 63-54 advantage with 4 1/2 minutes remaining.
That proved to be the backbreaker as Oregon never got closer than eight for the rest of the game.
The only other meeting between these two schools was in 2002, which Cincinnati won ... Rubles finished with 13 points ... Cincinnati shot 37.5 percent while Oregon made 34.5 percent of its shots.
- CINCINNATI: 77
Nov 25 12:51 AM
- CINCINNATI: 42
Nov 24 11:35 PM
- CINCINNATI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 24 10:45 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5