Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of CampbellMar 8, 2013 - 1:34 AM Conway, SC (Sports Network) - Tashan Newsome scored 15 points to lead all five starters in double figures as the Gardner-Webb Bulldogs defeated the Campbell Camels, 71-57, in the quarterfinals of the Big South Tournament at the HTC Center.
Tyler Strange had 14 points, Donta Harper and Kevin Hartley each registered 12 and Jerome Hill chipped in 10 as Gardner-Webb (21-11) advanced to the semi-finals.
Marvelle Harris recorded 13 points and eight rebounds and Trey Freeman had 11 points to go with five assists for Campbell (13-20).
The Bulldogs outscored the Camels 22-6 from the free-throw line and had a 36-28 edge on the boards in the win. In the semi-finals Gardner-Webb will face the winner of the quarterfinal matchup between Liberty and High Point.
- CAMPBELL: 57
Mar 7 7:54 PM
- CAMPBELL: 26
Mar 7 6:43 PM
- CAMPBELL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 7 6:06 PM
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20
- Camels hit road to battle 22nd-ranked Bearcats Nov 20