Duke routs ElonDec 31, 2013 - 8:48 PM Greensboro, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Andre Dawkins had 15 points, Rodney Hood scored 13 and seventh-ranked Duke completed its non-conference schedule with an 86-48 win over Elon at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Freshman Jabari Parker posted 12 points, 10 rebounds and three steals for the Blue Devils (11-2), who will carry a five-game winning streak into Saturday's ACC opener at Notre Dame. Quinn Cook had a solid all-around game with 11 points, five boards, four assists and three steals.
Lucas Troutman and Ryley Beaumont both supplied 11 points for Phoenix (7-7).
Duke opened the game on a 14-2 run and never looked back. Dawkins nailed one of his five 3-pointers to make it 26-9 and a Marshall Plumlee layup stretched the lead to 35-13 before Elon scored the final five points of the first half.
The Blue Devils opened the second half on an 8-0 surge, with a Tyler Thornton trey pushing the advantage to 43-18.
Elon, clearly overmatched, couldn't keep pace with the superior Blue Devils, who shot 54.8 percent in the second half.
Rasheed Sulaimon had 11 points for Duke, which held Elon to 35.2 percent shooting ... The Blue Devils have now won 25 straight games in the month of December and extended their winning streak against Southern Conference teams to 53 games ... The Phoenix committed 22 turnovers.
- Krzyzewski has hernia surgery, expects to be healthy for Rio May 9
- Duke's Grayson Allen has hernia surgery Apr 22
- Duke's Jefferson receives medical hardship waiver Apr 22
- Duke freshman guard Derryck Thornton to transfer Apr 10
- Grayson Allen to return to Duke for junior season Apr 6
- Duke's Brandon Ingram declares for NBA Draft after 1 season Apr 4
- Duke: Coach K recovering from knee replacement surgery Apr 3
- Duke ends with longer-than-expected NCAA run, short bench Mar 25
- Duke's title defense ends with 82-68 loss to Oregon Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17